I am writing to inform you about forthcoming strike action by the five teaching unions in Northern Ireland. We have been informed by the teaching unions that a half day of strike action will take place on Wednesday the 29th November 2023. As the Principal, I and the Board of Governors have determined the following arrangements for the 29th November:
• School will be closed for all pupils on the morning of the 29th November.
• School gates will open for pupils at 12.05. Children should not come to school before this time.
• Children will be escorted to the canteen at 12.15 where dinners will be available.
• Teachers will collect the children from the playgrounds at 12.30. • School will finish at the normal time.
• If your child comes to school via EA transport, there may be some disruption to this service. We will inform you of transport arrangements once we have been informed by the EA.
I apologise for the disruption which this will cause but I would ask for your understanding and support. Taking strike action is not something that we have undertaken lightly. Those on strike have thought long and hard about their decision and they will also lose pay for the period that they are on strike. The responsibility to resolve the dispute lies squarely with the Department of Education and our local government. We sincerely hope that the dispute can be resolved and we ask for your support.
We would urge as many parents as possible to support our teachers in their strike action. You can show your support by copying and pasting the link below, enter your constituency from the drop down menu, add your email and press submit. https://www.into.ie/ni/campaign/teachers-pay-campaign/ Thank you
Mrs F Boyd Principal